My new EP, “Makes Me Smile” has just got a 5 OUT OF 5 STARS review on the “Music Net NZ” website!
The reviewer wrote:
“Ahjay Stelino has written some fantastic songs that require to chill, find a comfy couch and listen to the way the music tells a story in each song. The is a lot of space, dynamically and instrumentally to allow for each song to breath. It is something I haven’t heard in a while. It’s clear, clean and enjoyable.
The first song Are We Home Yet feels
a song a kid would be singing to themselves. It’s a wonderful flashback
to the times of being young again, when we didn’t know the world was
what it is now. Innocence.
While short and sweet, Makes Me Smile is a soft little
ditty that certainly makes me smile. My only complaint here was that at
just under two minutes, I would have loved to have heard more.
Eating My Mortgage For Breakfast brings the rock in a
bluesy sort of way. A complete 180 to what we had heard in the first two
songs. Crack up lyrics that I can relate to, it works well with a
guitar solo to boot.
Book Of Love returns back to the softer side of things
and showcases Ahjay’s guitar playing again. Strings and softly tapped
drums lay down the foundation for this song. Its fantastic stuff.
Finally, Happy Holidays is a song played mainly on
Ukulele. It is a song that Ahjay won an award at the adult category of
the NZ Ukulele Songwriting Awards. Again, a soft little song that would
make you smile and be happy.
Overall, I really enjoyed the amount of depth to this EP.
Lyrically, it is a joy. Such descriptive and story like lyrics that are
backed up by the perfectly arranged lyrics. It is something I would
enjoy listening to in my car after a terrible day to cheer me up. It is
something I would listen to when I feel on top of the world and want to
keep that feeling going.
Well done Ahjay. I thoroughly enjoyed this and would love to hear more.”
My brand new EP, MAKES ME SMILE is out now. Taking a different route, this set of songs is composed for adults rather than for kids! All the songs have been composed, arranged and recorded by myself at my Stelino Studios here in Auckland, New Zealand. Mixing and mastering has been done by Canada’s Adam Fulton at Mix Medics!
Ahjay Stelino’s “Wanna Be Like a Kiwi” is a uniquely New Zealand collection of songs! Through music the kiwi bird will show how being different is OK, discover about change through the colours of New Zealand, identify New Zealand coins in a flash and learn all about our native owl, the Morepork. A must have addition to any parent’s or classroom’s music collection.
All the songs were recorded, arranged, recorded, mixed and mastered by Ahjay at his personal studio, Stelino Studios.
My music has been selected to feature in the album of the finalists for the “New Zealand’s Children’s Music Awards” 2018! This prestigious award showcases the best children’s music produced here in New Zealand each year and I’m proud to have a song featured on this album!
Here is a brand new song, The Healthy Eating Song (Featuring Leah Emme)!
This release can be got as part of a 10 resource healthy eating pack, making a perfect ready-to-use kit for teachers!
The pack can be purchased at TES. Click the following button to purchase it!Included in this Ultimate Pack is:
1. The Healthy Eating Song mp3: Music is a fun way to learn concepts and this song will have your students learn and remember all about healthy eating in no time!
2. The Healthy Eating Powerpoint Presentation: Need to teach a healthy eating module? Use this ready, 35 page fully editable Powerpoint Presentation that introduces the concept of Healthy Eating in a simple easy to understand manner.
3. The Healthy Eating Song Karaoke mp3: Want to sing the song at school assembly? Use this version of the song with no vocals to sing along. The melody of the song is played on a piano at a low volume in the background of this version to help your students hear which lines they should be singing.
4. The Healthy Eating Song Sheet Music: Play the song using instruments using the sheet music that features the melody line, chords and lyrics for the song.
5. The Healthy Eating Song Lyrics: A lyrics sheet that can be printed and used to help your class learn the lyrics to the song.
6. The Healthy Eating Song Chords: Chords along with lyrics to help you play along to the song.
7. The Healthy Eating Song Easy Chords: Do you feel that you are a great teacher but a beginner musician? Not a problem, included in the pack in the song in the key of C major to make it accessible to even the most basic of guitar and piano players. It’s also handy to use along with your students how are beginning to learn to play an instrument!
8. Food Jokes: Make your healthy eating lesson fun with jokes! Included in the pack are 20 food jokes to keep you students laughing all day long!
9. The Healthy Eating Word Maze: A printable student activity of finding the healthy words hidden amongst the maze!
10. The Healthy Eating Travel Maze: A printable student activity of finding the healthy food and avoid the unhealthy food along with way!
I have had the privilege of being invited to be a featured author on TES.
TES is home to the world’s largest online community of teachers, with 7.9 million registered users. They are the foremost education news, analysis and opinion site for teachers, school leaders and other educators, delivered through a global family of news sites, blogs, apps, podcasts and the world’s longest-running education magazine.
In the featured author post I explain the role of music in teaching and how music can help enhance the learning experience.